Bubble Nail Art is a process that makes manicures last longer by creating a protective coating on the nails.
This sort of manicure is best used when you have time to spare, maybe when you’re spending one day at home.
This article will give you all the information you need to know about forming bubble nail art, how it’s done, and what products are required for this process.
Preparing the nails
[amazon bestseller=”bubble nail art” items=”3″]
After careful cleaning, soak your nails in warm water for at least 5 minutes. You should use a soft nail brush and scrub gently around your nails. This will soften up the cuticles (the skin around the nails) and allow you to apply the fake nails.
Before putting on the artificial nail, you’ll need to shape it against your own natural nail so that it matches perfectly. If you don’t do this, the artificial nail won’t fit properly, and you’ll see it around the sides of your nails.
To do this, sit back in a chair and place a layer of cotton wool on each side of your nail. This will protect you from any damage while you’re shaping.
Put a liquid foundation on your nails; this is not painting. The TFS (Total Fashion Solution) product is the best liquid foundation available.
No other product quite matches it, but other brands are very close. This particular type of foundation sticks to the artificial nails, which gives the whole manicure a beautiful finish and removes any harsh edges.
If you’re using acrylic nails (stronger than plastic), cover them with liquid nail varnish or spray on a basecoat. This will help prevent any damage when you’re shaping.
If your nails are already long, then you’ll have to cut them down again unless you want to go for a very unusual shape.
10 Amazing Ideas For Bubble Nail Art
Bubble nail art is a very popular way to give the nails a new look, and it can be used in different styles.
Below I’ll list some of the most interesting shapes to help you get inspiration and give something entirely new to your wardrobe!
1. Bubble Nail Art: The Light Tool
With this style, you start off with a small nail tip, a very sharp point that creates a wonderful effect.
- Choose a light color to create the bubble effect.
- When you’ve finished painting the whole nail, try to leave a small gap between the nail and the bubble so that it creates an outline.
- You can finish with a coat of varnish at this stage, but if you want to add more details, then continue with the steps below!
2. Bubble Nail Art: The Sponge Tool
This style is very quick and easy to do, making it perfect for a busy day.
- First of all, start off with a light base on the whole nail and leave some free space all around the tip.
- Now you’re ready to paint! But first, get out your sponge and dip it in black nail varnish. Then dab it on the end of your nail, ensuring that you don’t go over the line; you should aim for just below the line as this part will be hidden later on.
- Continue to paint your nails by dabbing more nail varnish with your sponge.
- Create dots with black nail varnish, using the sponge again.
- Leave it to dry, and apply a top coat when you’re finished!
3. Bubble Nail Art: The Stamp Tool
This is a very easy style that can be done quickly without preparation beforehand.
- First, choose a dark color and apply it to the actual nail.
- Now you have to start creating details by stamping on your nails!
4. Bubble Nail Art: The Blob Tool
This is one of the most inventive styles, a very cute touch that is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face!
- First of all, paint the whole nail in a light color.
- Then start cutting out small scallops with a craft knife.
- Cover the top of your nail with black nail varnish and sculpt some bubbles out of it!
5. Bubble Nail Art: The Teardrop Tool
This is one of the most interesting styles; you’ll have to create the teardrop shape first, then paint it in dark colors!
- Choose a dark color for your base.
- Then stick on a strip of black nail varnish at the back of your nail; this will help you cut out a teardrop shape!
- Now let’s start painting! First, cover the whole tip with a very dark color; you could use black or navy blue.
- Next, take some colorless glue and cover the inside of your nail where you want the real bubbles to be!
- Once this has dried, paint the whole nail lighter to create the teardrop effect.
- Create some bubbles on your nail and paint them black.
- Finish with a topcoat!
6. Bubble Nail Art: The Frog Tool
This is a very quick and easy style; it combines two shapes that create a wonderful effect!
- Start off by applying your base color to your nails; make sure you leave some free space at the tip!
- Now take a toothpick and dip it into black nail varnish, then scrape it against the side of your nails.
- You can also do this with a cotton bud; dip it in black nail varnish and dab it around the edge of your nails.
- Apply an even coat of topcoat to finish!
7. Bubble Nail Art: The Star Tool
This style has simple but unique star details that make them look like they’re literally blowing bubbles!
- Apply a thick layer of black nail varnish to your nails.
- Once this is dry, use a thin nail varnish brush and combine the dots with bigger black dots.
- Use a toothpick to create small stars around the center of the big stars!
8. Bubble Nail Art: The Rope Tool
This style looks really delicate and intricate! It’s also very easy to do, and it will take you no time at all!
- Start by applying a light base color to your nails.
- Paint small dots with a toothpick and cover the whole tip with black nail varnish.
- Apply top coat over the whole nail, and you’re done!
9. Bubble Nail Art: The Flower Tool
This style is very simple, but it’s so pretty that no one will believe you did it all yourself!
- Apply a light base color to your nails.
- Then press out small blobs of glue and apply them to the back of your nails.
- Once they’ve dried, apply a top coat to finish!
10. Bubble Nail Art
This is a very creative style; you’ll have to make all the stars first, then fill in the small gaps with varnish!
- Apply a thick layer of black nail varnish to your nails.
- Use a sharp object such as a pin to make lots of small stars around the end of your nails.
- Leave it dry, and then pour some white nail varnish into small bowls.
- Use a toothpick to lightly dip the end of your nail into the bowl so that it creates a small bubble.
- Now use a toothbrush to dab your nail all over the end of your nail.
- Repeat these steps until you’re satisfied with the result!
The Bottom Line
I hope this article helped you get inspired, and I hope you enjoyed reading it! For more nail art ideas and tutorials, be sure to check out our homepage. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below.
Dr. Aditya Gupta is a highly accomplished Indian doctor with extensive experience in the field of neurology. Born and raised in New Delhi, India, Dr. Gupta completed his medical degree from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), followed by his postgraduate studies in neurology from the same institution.