How many almonds to eat per day for weight loss? Do you have a question in your mind? I’m sure that the answer will be yes. I thought the same because it’s difficult to lose weight by dieting.
If you are trying to lose weight, you should eat almonds for better results because it is a healthy food that can easily help you achieve your goal.
Almonds are very good for health and dieting. We can easily take 2 to 3 ounces of almonds per day and eat them as snacks or breakfast without thinking much about the calories and fat it contains.
This healthy nut will make your diet successful within a few weeks because almond has certain properties which makes you feel full even after eating small pieces. So, you may not feel like eating more than your daily allowance.
Almonds are healthy and rich in Fiber, calcium, and protein, which is necessary for the body to sustain weight loss.
This happens because it contains monosaturated fats that reduce cholesterol levels in the blood. This is why it does not let you gain extra pounds after losing the initial inches of weight.
How Many Almonds To Eat Per Day For Weight Loss?
If you wonder how many almonds should be eaten daily to lose weight naturally, the answer is 5-6 times per day. But, the number of almonds to be consumed will depend on your caloric intake and weight loss goals.
The average number of almonds for losing weight without getting into any health hazard is about 12 to 13 grams or 20 to 22 nuts.
Almonds contain Fiber in large quantities, which is required for the body’s health too. This Fiber helps in filling up the stomach and is very good for your digestive system.
The fibre also makes you feel full for longer periods (24 hours). Hence it can be used as a natural appetite suppressant for weight loss by eating 6 almonds every 2-3 hours or before any meal, without worrying about gaining extra pounds.
This way, you won’t put on extra weight even after eating more than usual. It will make you eat less (if not six per day) because of its high fiber content and help you reduce inches off your waistline.
Can You Also Eat Roasted Almonds For Weight Loss?
Yes, you can. Raw is always better, but roasted almonds are equally good. The only reason to eat raw almonds overcooked ones is that roasting almonds destroys their healthy enzymes and takes away their nutritional value or benefits.
But if you roast or cook them yourself at home without using oil (dry roast), your body will still get all of their amazing health benefits and weight loss properties available.
We recommend eating just these six for weight loss purposes daily while cutting down other nuts and seeds. These include peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and flaxseeds.
Some of the health benefits your body will be receiving from eating almonds regularly daily include:
- Almonds are known to make you feel fuller for longer. This is great for helping weight loss goals this way.
- Their wonderful fibre content will provide you with healthy digestion and help clean out your digestive system while removing toxins from it.
- They have a particularly high amount of vitamin E in them, which helps burn calories more efficiently while at the same time strengthening your cardiovascular system, preventing heart disease and lowering LDL cholesterol levels in your bloodstream. Vitamin E also protects the cells from free radical damage.
- A lack of vitamin E in the diet could lead to infertility, lethargy, hair loss and skin problems. Almonds are a great way to prevent these problems from developing.
- They have been known to lower LDL cholesterol levels in people who consume them regularly, which means they can help clean out your blood stream, lowering your risk of heart disease or other cardiovascular diseases/problems that cardiovascular disease may cause.
- Their presence of high oil content; the good kind that helps burn calories more efficiently, strengthens both your cardiovascular system and gives you healthy shiny hair (and all sorts of other benefits like getting rid of acne etc.), makes them an exceptional choice for those wanting to lose weight or keep it off long term & stay truly healthy in general.
- I found out about the wonderful powers of flax seeds when I was 19 and living with a vegan lady who used to add them to her breakfast cereal almost every day. After reading up on all the benefits, I can boast that I started adding them to my breakfasts.
- I’m not entirely sure why she did it because she wasn’t actively trying to lose weight at that time (and neither was I), but we both enjoyed their taste and got rid of fattening cereals or other unhealthy ones like white bread, pasta or rice etc.
When should I eat almonds to lose weight?
Assuming you are not allergic to almonds, eating them as a healthy snack can be very beneficial for those who are looking to lose weight, but only if the proper amount of calories is eaten through this snack.
It would help if you also considered that besides containing proteins and fibre, which make it excellent for diets, almonds might contain certain fattening ingredients, depending on the type you eat.
This is why I’d recommend having a look at what kind of almonds you’re going to have before you go ahead and buy a pack just because it’s a low-calorie snack or, even better – eat raw almonds with no added salt or sugar.
Most people don’t realize that flax seeds are high in fibres and can be a powerful laxative if eaten in large amounts.
But the plus side is all of those fibers make flax seeds a valuable addition to low-calorie diets!
Is eating almonds every day good for weight loss?
Sure, almonds contain many calories, but since they consist mostly of healthy fats, your body handles them in the same way it deals with fats found in fish, avocado, and olive oil.
This is why there’s no need to worry about gaining weight when having some raw almonds every day.
One serving (a small pack) contains around 170-200 kcal, which makes a healthy snack.
Just make sure to not go overboard with high-fat snacks because if eaten in large amounts, fatty foods can slow down your metabolism, making it harder for you to burn off all those extra calories from other food sources.
The fact that almonds are low-carbohydrate nuts makes them somewhat unique amongst most seeds, and vegetarians normally eat legumes.
I’ve found it rather difficult to include low-carbohydrate foods in my diet before, so I can imagine how some non-meat eaters would feel about this.
This is why I’m really happy to see more and more people discover the many benefits of almonds as a meat alternative.
The Bottom Line
I hope you now understand How Many Almonds To Eat Per Day For Weight Loss.
So remember, almonds are much more than just a good source of protein. They also contain tons of other nutrients that make them one amazing superfood.
And they can be eaten in so many different ways. It would be a shame not to give these bad boys a try.