How to Prevent Hair Loss When Water Fasting? Whether you are trying water fasting or another type of fast, you should take precautions to protect your hair. Your hair needs nutrients all the time. So you mustn’t lose too much during a fast.
If these precious hairs fall out, they won’t come back! I’ve summarized what you need to know in this article. I’ve also included some tips on minimizing or preventing hair loss during a water fast or another fast.
The only way to make sure your body doesn’t lose too much protein is by having enough carbohydrates. Your brain needs glucose to operate, so you have no chance of avoiding it when fasting, whatever type of fast it is.
- 1 How to Prevent Hair Loss When Water Fasting?
- 1.1 1. Drink Enough Water
- 1.2 2. Don’t Fast for More than 3 Days at a Time
- 1.3 3. Eat Healthy, Balanced Meals While Fasting
- 1.4 4. Supplement With Stronger Hair Vitamins
- 1.5 5. Oil Your Hair and Scalp Before Fasting
- 1.6 6. Add At Least One Serving of Protein to Each Meal
- 1.7 7. Try Grapes as A Snack During Your Fast
- 1.8 8. Take Supplements that Add Volume to Your Hair
- 1.9 9. Drink Green Tea While Fasting
- 1.10 10. Be Careful When Fasting for Too Long
- 2 How can I prevent hair loss fast?
- 3 The Bottom Line
How to Prevent Hair Loss When Water Fasting?
You can prevent your hair loss when water fasting. Here are 10 prevention steps you can take before, during, and after the fast. These won’t prevent all loss of hair, but they will make a big difference.
1. Drink Enough Water
Drinking enough water is very important when fasting. If you don’t drink enough, your body will start breaking down muscles for energy!
This will increase the number of toxins that are released into your bloodstream. You definitely don’t want this to happen while fasting. That’s why it’s so important to drink enough water.
2. Don’t Fast for More than 3 Days at a Time
Your body needs time to rest between each fast, so try not to fast more than three days in a row.
Your body will be able to fight off infections much easier after resting instead of while it’s fasting. I’ve written an article about the pros and cons of fasting before. You can read it here.
3. Eat Healthy, Balanced Meals While Fasting
You can still eat healthy foods while fasting, but you should balance them out throughout the day. The only way to do this is by having five or six meals spread about evenly during your fast.
It’s also important that you don’t eat too much of anyone’s food, like carbohydrates. Eating the same thing over and over again for five or six meals can be really boring. I highly recommend making this vegan lentil soup to eat during your fast.
4. Supplement With Stronger Hair Vitamins
The reason your hair falls out is that it’s made from protein (keratin). So, if you want to prevent hair loss, your body must have enough protein available. That’s why I recommend taking vegan keratin hair vitamins.
5. Oil Your Hair and Scalp Before Fasting
Before the fasting begins, oil your hair and scalp with olive or castor oil (both work well). You can also use a mixture of essential oils and olive oil. This will help your hair stay strong and healthy, which will prevent it from falling out as you fast.
6. Add At Least One Serving of Protein to Each Meal
Vegan protein powders or vegan keratin hair supplements are really cheap and easy to add to your food. These can help your body stay strong and ward off any infections. Be sure to use a vegan protein powder if you’re on a plant-based fast.
7. Try Grapes as A Snack During Your Fast
Grapes are an especially healthy type of fruit that you can have during a water fast. They have just the right amount of carbohydrates to keep your brain happy.
Grapes also contain tons of antioxidants, which can help prevent hair loss. They’re particularly good for you after a fast because they won’t cause an energy spike or blood sugar drop like some other fruits might.
8. Take Supplements that Add Volume to Your Hair
There are some supplements available (like Hair fluence) that can help prevent hair loss as you fast.
These supplements contain biotin, which helps improve the strength of your hair and nails. In fact, a lack of biotin is the main reason why people lose their hair while fasting!
9. Drink Green Tea While Fasting
Green tea contains caffeine, but not as much as coffee does. I recommend drinking one cup of green tea before each meal.
The caffeine will help wake you up and fight off infections. It also contains antioxidants that can ward off hair loss and strengthen your hair at the same time.
10. Be Careful When Fasting for Too Long
If you fast for more than three days, you’ll need to be extra careful. You mustn’t over-strain yourself and avoid doing any kind of exercise during this time. You should also try to stay away from sick people, so you don’t get their germs and become ill as well.
How can I prevent hair loss fast?
Okay. So if you want to prevent hair loss while fasting, I recommend that you:
- Drink a lot of water
- Don’t fast for more than three days at a time
- Eat healthy, balanced meals that are vegan (like these vegan lentil soup recipes)
- Add protein to each meal (a vegan protein powder will work)
- Oil your scalp and hair before fasting with olive or castor oil (both work well)
- Have a cup of green tea before each meal
- Take Hair fluence or another biotin supplement for stronger hair and nails
- Don’t over-exert yourself during fasting
This should help reduce your risk of losing any hair while fasting.
The Bottom Line
I hope this article about hair loss prevention while fasting has been helpful for you. Now, you should know the best ways to keep your hair from falling out when you fast.
You can also share this article with anyone you know who needs the information! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment in the section below. Thank you and take care.
Hi, This is Kuntal Kumar Ghosh From Bangladesh. I’m a full-time blogger with years of experience in SEO. I love writing about anything and everything that interests me.