I love this neutral eye makeup because it creates a polished, classic look without being too harsh or intimidating.
The brown in the crease gives a light definition, while the nude shade on top adds just enough color for those early work meetings or classes!
This look is appropriate for any age as well, which is always an awesome bonus!
The great part about this tutorial is that you can switch the colors for different looks, but the steps are all the same.
For a more dramatic look, try adding some definition to your crease and lower lash line using a mix of dark brown and deep purple.
By adding definition to the lower lash line, you can make your eyes pop without putting in too much extra work.
We hope that you love this look as much as we do and try it out!
Table of Contents
Best 10 Neutral Eye Makeup Ideas
[amazon bestseller=”neutral eye makeup” items=”3″]
We all love neutral eye makeup, so I want to share the best 10 ideas of neutral eye makeup.
1. BROWN EYE SHADOW:
For a great day-to-day look, stick to browns and olive greens.
L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire Eye Shadow in Bronze Taupe/shimmering taupe is a gorgeous palette that has the perfect neutral brown colors for this look.
For a night out, add a hint of purple in the corner of your eyes. And on the inside corners to instantly have people do a double-take.
This is such an easy way to feel sexy without trying too hard! Try Stila’s In The Know Shadow/Crease Duet for a great color combination perfect for any occasion.
For a bold, eye-opening look that would make a statement at your next big meeting or presentation, switch to cooler blues such as navy and cobalt.
Try Smashbox’s Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Eyes Like The Sea for the perfect sky blue color.
Like blue, green is another great color for making a statement.
L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire Eye Shadow in Minted/peppermint shimmer will make your eyes pop at the next big soirée you attend!
No neutral eye makeup is complete without a touch of bronze. Try YSL Couture Variation Eyes in 7 to get that shimmering, golden look.
Create a look suitable for any age with this light shade! Try Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer and lightly dust it over your entire eyelid.
To do a ‘barely there look, take a small amount of white eye shadow and apply it lightly to the inner corner of your eyes.
This will give you that bright-eyed, youthful look we all desire! Try CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Silver Lining for an affordable, quality product.
For a sultry look that can make even the toughest guy swoon, try using black shadow and add a thin line of eyeliner for extra drama!
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Vamp will give your lips just enough shine to complement your eyeshadow perfectly.
Try using reds as eyeliner and on the lower lash line for a daring look for an edgy effect.
Stila Liquid Liner in Stingray/deep burgundy will give you that classic vampiric feel while showing your adventurous side!
Finish off any look with a hint of gold dusting in the corner of your eyes for that extra sparkle! Try Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Warm Blend for a perfect metallic shade.
Hope you will like it. We are trying to give all the latest updates about the best 10 neutral eye makeup Ideas. Stay tuned for more updates and if you have any query let us know in the comment box.
How To Do Neutral Eye Makeup?
1. If you’re just starting out with eye shadow, start by applying a neutral base color all over the lid.
2. Apply an even darker color from lash line to crease and blend well.
3. Use a pencil brush to draw up at an angle from the outer corner of the lash line to crease and blend well.
4. Apply a golden color in the center of the eyelids and blend well. Add a thin line of black eyeliner to define eyes more.
5. Apply mascara to complete the look.
6. Try using a skin-toned eyeliner or eyeshadow on the lower lash line to define your eye shape. You can also sweep a darker color from the lash line to just above the crease and blend well with a fluffy brush for an easy, everyday look.
7. For a more dramatic look that will ensure everyone is looking at your eyes, try using contrasting colors such as teal and purple.
8. If necessary, apply concealer after foundation to help cover up any blemishes you may have. Follow by applying powder all over the face to set makeup in place for hours!
9. Try adding false lashes if you’d like more definition
10. Apply blush after the liquid foundation has dried, then dust lightly with loose translucent powder to set. You can also apply bronzer to cheekbones and forehead for a sun-kissed look.
11. For darker skin tones, try using colors that reflect your natural lip color or incorporate reds into your eye makeup for a vibrant pop of color.
12. If you have trouble achieving perfect winged eyeliner or eyeshadow application, use tape as a stencil to achieve the exact shape every time!
The Bottom Line
A neutral eye makeup look is a classic. It’s versatile and can be worn with many different outfits or clothing colors, which makes it perfect for any occasion.
But what if you don’t know how to do they look? We’ve got some great tutorials that will show you step-by-step instructions on everything from simple daytime looks to dramatic evening styles! Which one did your favorite?