Table Slides Exercise is an exercise that will help you healthily explore your feelings. It is one of the best exercises for self-awareness, as it allows you to view yourself from a third-party perspective and reflect on yourself objectively.
This exercise is beneficial in so many ways – from teaching mindfulness to increasing your level of compassion.
In this article, we will walk you through the steps needed to get started with the Table Slides Exercise, but trust me – the benefits are worth it!
How To Do Table Slides Exercise?
Before we get into the Table Slides Exercise, let me first give you a quick rundown on what this exercise is all about.
Table Slides Exercise is meant to provide insight into your life and help you grow, both emotionally and spiritually. It’s a process of reflecting on yourself, your actions, and your relationships with other people in your life.
To begin doing this exercise, sit at a dining table or any other flat surface that has nothing important on it.
Step 1: Write your name on a piece of paper. Now, put this piece of paper in the middle of the table.
Step 2: Imagine having dinner with all your family members (both biological and non-biological) at this dining table.
Step 3: Hold an imaginary conversation with everyone present (both verbally and nonverbally). Speak as yourself, not as someone else. Try to connect with everyone while you speak.
Step 4: When it comes to your feelings and emotions, try not to suppress them. Say whatever you want to say without hesitation or reservation. If you feel like crying, then cry! Don’t be ashamed of it because that’s what makes you human. Nobody is perfect, and I’m no exception.
Step 5: At the end of this conversation, place a piece of paper next to the one you’ve written your name on at an earlier stage.
Now what you did was simple. Whenever you felt a strong emotion, you would write it down and talk about it the same way you would if this were a normal conversation with your family.
Collecting the pieces of paper and putting them together provides insight into your emotions. By doing this, you get to see what your emotions look like in written form and how they may be expressed in non-verbal and verbal ways.
10 Benefits Of Performing Table Slides Exercise
Here are 10 physical and mental benefits of performing Table Slides Exercise regularly:
1. It allows you to feel emotions without any guilt or remorse. This is a benefit because if you don’t healthily experience your emotions, you may be prone to negative feelings in the future.
2. It helps you healthily express yourself. Remember, the Table Slides Exercise isn’t about saying everything that comes to mind. You can talk about things that bother you, but make sure that you stay true to yourself while doing so.
3. It helps you to have an open mind. By talking about your emotions, you will possibly get to see things that you would never normally notice until after doing the Table Slides Exercise.
4. It helps you express the things healthily bothering you. It’s not always about telling people how much those things hurt or how they affect your life, but rather how those things affect your performance at work and any other external factors affecting your life (such as relationships with others).
5. It will also help you establish relationships with others because we will always have emotions as human beings. However, by being able to express those emotions healthily, you may have better relationships and friendships.
6. It allows you to be objective about yourself and your life. Your feelings are your main driving force in life, but if you aren’t objective with them and act on them without any thought process or rationalization for their existence, that can cause some problems for you and the people around you.
7. It allows you to develop a sense of empathy for others. There may be times when you will be able to relate to others’ problems or emotions, which could be helpful in the future.
8. It challenges your mindset by making you think like a third-party observer while talking about your life and the things bothering you.
9. It can be used as a conversation starter to get you to express things that you normally wouldn’t do.
10. It can help you maintain a positive outlook on life because by being honest with yourself and healthily expressing your emotions and problems, you will be able to overcome them.
Who Can Do Table Slides Exercise?
Table Slides Exercise can be done by anyone. You don’t have to be a psychiatrist or an expert on psychology to performing this exercise.
In fact, you don’t even have to be a regular friend or family member of the person you are relating with in the first place. Anyone can do Table Slides Exercise for the simple reason that it doesn’t require any special skill set, knowledge, or experience.
How Much Time Need To Do Table Slides Exercise?
Performing Table Slides Exercise doesn’t require much time, but it is recommended that you spend at least 30 minutes per session. However, you are free to spend as much time as you’d like doing this exercise.
How Much Does It Cost To Do Table Slides Exercise?
Performing Table Slides Exercise also doesn’t require any monetary investment. All that’s needed for this exercise is a simple piece of paper, so there’s no need to go out and buy any expensive book or product.
The Bottom Line
Table Slides Exercise is not a difficult thing to do. It’s something that anyone can do, and it only requires a few minutes of your time per day.
It allows you to be in touch with your feelings and not feel ashamed about them. It allows you to express things that you normally wouldn’t say because of fear.
It helps you get a sense of empathy for others and be objective about yourself so that you can take the necessary steps to improve yourself and have a better life.